Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Sixteenth Monday for Obama

'For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.' Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison and visit you?' And the king will say in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of the least brothers of mine, you did it for me.'


'Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.' And these will go off to eternal punishment . . .

----- Gospel Reading for Monday of the First Week of Lent

Please pray for President Barack Obama, and for all Christians who do not understand the meaning of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment