Monday, January 5, 2009

Our Best Response

So today is our eighth Monday for Obama. (Yes, I skipped posting for a couple of weeks because of the holidays, but I did not skip the prayers.)

Here's an appropriate quote for us from George Weigel:

"...the Church in America anticipates at least four years of grave challenge in its living of the Gospel of life. The best response to that challenge is for each of us to become the saints our baptism calls us to be."

Monday, January 19, will be our tenth Monday for Obama, and I plan to run my Monday straight through Tuesday, January 20, Inauguration Day. But I will also be praying for Rick Warren as he prepares to deliver the inaugural invocation. I think it's an encouraging sign that Mr. Obama selected him, and I pray that Rev. Warren will be given an extra dose of eloquence on that fateful day.

Don't forget: saints are known mostly for their prayer.

1 comment:

  1. I just landed on this blog from http://moderncommentaries.blogspot.com/ . What a good idea to have a day to pray for our soon-to-be President! Excellent Weigel quote as well. It reminds me of Jesus saying to Peter, "What is that to thee? Follow thou Me." Our primary responsibility is to do God's will in our own lives, and we can't nurse worry and discouragement until it distracts from that. I find this very hopeful because no matter how bad things around us get, we will live VICTORIOUSLY if we stick close to God, living each moment for love of Him. Think of the saints who lived under persecution; instead of being overcome by evil, they became shining and glorious examples.

    ReplyDelete